Perhaps it's because I finished my (first) reading of 'The Lord of the Rings' at age eight, but I find something inherently evil about clearing trees for the heck of it. Unfortunately, that seems to be exactly what the folks behind us are doing to our "shared" forest.
In all honesty, these folks aren't directly behind us. Their property is kitty cornered to ours. But keeping in mind that the footprint of this house alone (according to Google maps) is more then the size of six units in our complex (check it out if you want), what they are doing is obviously invading on our beautiful forest view. Now we have a wonderful, unobstructed view of this monster home.
Why on earth you'd pay for a wooded lot and then cut down all the trees is simply beyond me.
There are laws in place to protect neighbors - or at least notify them - if some thing new is going up. Shouldn't there be the same courtesy if something - like an entire grove of trees - is coming down?
I might have given me a chance to head off a ridiculous cause of mass killing. I'll use a family "friend" as an example. This deluded individual cut down every single conifer on his ten acre wooded lot because - as "everyone" knows - these harmful trees are the root of global warming in that they produce nothing but carbon dioxide year round. Unlike the deciduous trees, of course, that only pollute the environment half of the year. IDIOT!
Anyway, time will tell if there is a point to this destruction. Until then, I'll just count my blessings that there is parkland directly behind us and next to them.
Sunday, April 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment